1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pub

Discussion in 'Pub' started by Darknova, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Darknova

Darknova Admin

So Erik and I had an idea to run a pub.

Discuss.

2. Xiozan

Xiozan - Xiozan, since 1992 Admin

I suggested a Detective theme that would pull in The Sweeney, Inspector Morse, Starsky & Hutch, et cetera.

Plus the Internet Kiosk section would be modeled to look like CSI or other shows where they have a fancy tech station.

DN suggested doing climbing and biking equipment in another section. I suggested calling that section Reichenbach Falls Climbing.

3. Darknova

Darknova Admin

Yey, you posted.

I think opening a pub would be a good idea, very hard work, but a good idea.

Picking an area close to somewhere that has a lot of sporting-type things going on would be good (mountain biking, climbing, white water rafting etc.) as people love to drink after doing that sort of stuff.

The food was suggested a combination of British and Caribbean although that's a weird combo lol.

Would then look at expanding once the basics are sorted in to bike workshops, climbing gear shop etc. etc.

4. Xiozan

Xiozan - Xiozan, since 1992 Admin

British could work in the US and UK.

Caribbean is harder to source and make a profit from, because it tends to be a lot stranger to people who never visit the Islands or descendants of Island culture.

5. Ashen

Ashen Admin

biggest piece of advice, dont let kevin have a tab...or drink...:p

oh yeah, and, i would just say "pub food" perhaps some dishes that are more inspired by pub food in other countries but made from easy to source stuff like plantains or sugar bananas.

burgers, sausages, fries/chips, wings, snausages/little smokies, fried chicen, etc.... shit im told by people who have lived here and there and alot of places, are standard pub fare in alot of places.

but yeah, it would be alot of work, i know a guy who wants to do this kinda thing but in south america, crazy aussie fellow, but, i like his idea, and if my body didnt suck so bad, i would be very up for doing something like that myself, just cant guarantee i will be in mobile condition day to day...(been worse lately, keep having weather changes that make the flareup i was/am already having worse...seems to be on the mend though*knocks on wood*

keep the menu simple to prepare, relatively quick to make, and of decent quality, and people will cant believe i keep forgetting to check in here, when i do think of it, im in the car, or laying in bed thinking "i should really post this idea someplace other then facebook"

6. Darknova

Darknova Admin

I think Erik will be too busy to do this idea any more :p